A pre-packed hospital labor bag can really be a lifesaver for expectant mothers who are short on time or energy. They are ready to go with all the essentials needed for the trip to the hospital. Just add your clothing and a take home outfit for your baby and you’re ready to go.
Pre-packed maternity hospital bags also make a thoughtful baby shower gift. You can give the gift as is or you can add a few personal embellishments to the bag as well.
Reasons to Buy a Pre-Packed Hospital Labor Bag
- Baby Shower Gift: A ready-to-go hospital bag is an excellent baby shower gift idea. It’s a wonderful way to pamper the expectant mother as most bags have wonderful quality ingredients that she may not normally buy for herself. Not to mention you will save her so much time and give her piece of mind that everything is ready.
- Pamper Yourself in the Third Trimester: Towards the end of your pregnancy your body is working extra hard nourishing and growing your baby. It can be challenging finding the energy needed to complete essential tasks let alone go shopping for all the bits and pieces needed for your upcoming hospital stay. Buying a ready-to-go maternity bag is a great way to pamper yourself so you can rest.
- To Help Save Time: You may not have the time required to put together all the essentials for your hospital go-bag. You may be working as much as possible right now so you can stay home longer with your baby. Or maybe you already have kids and your time resources are stretched to the max. If you buy a pre-packed hospital bag then it’s done and it’s one less thing to worry about.
- Be Prepared For the Unexpected: Many pre-prepared hospital bags come with items that you may not think to pack for yourself such as loofah, hair ties or a handy ‘do not disturb’ sign. You never know when you will be rushing off to the hospital or how long your stay will be. It’s nice to have all the comforts of home already packed up for you so you can focus on the task of delivering and caring for your new baby.
Pre-Packed Maternity Hospital Bags: A Few Options
There are many options when it comes to ready-to-go hospital bags. You can decide whether you just want the essentials or a more elaborate assortment for extra comfort.
The Push Pack by Small Batch Studios is really great value for money and comes highly recommended by birth consultants, MDs, doulas and moms.
The labor bags by My Pure Delivery were designed by a neonatal nurse who is also a registered lactation consultant. The Posh Mama prepackaged hospital bag is a luxurious assortment containing everything you could possibly want to be comfortable while in hospital. The Bare Essentials and Baby hospital bag contain the essentials for mothers as well as necessary items for babies.
The Push Pack by Small Batch Studio has a wonderful assortment of high quality essential items perfect for your hospital stay. The toiletries included are by Lather, a company that uses all natural ingredients. The motherhood products include popular brand names including Earth Mama Angel Baby and Motherlove.
The Push Pack includes:
- Toiletries: Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, loofah, lotion, facial soap, razor, shaving cream, Crystal deodorant wipes, comb, hair band, toothpaste, toothbrush, maxi pads, disposable underwear and a nail file.
- Motherhood Essentials: Lip balm and bottom balm by Earth Mama Angel Baby, breast pads, Motherlove organic nipple cream.
- Extras: Snacks, gum, lollipop, notepad, pen, thank-you cards, playing cards, “I’m The Daddy” sticker for Dad, $10 gift card to Daddy & Co.
The Posh Mama kit includes a prepacked hospital labor bag and a comfortable hospital labor gown. You can be assured that all the items chosen for your bag are chemical-free and many are organic.
The Posh Mama hospital maternity bag includes:
- Toiletries: Organic chlorine-free maxi pads (10), hair ties (2), shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, organic q-tips (30), body wash, organic face wash, organic facial moisturizer, bath sponge, hand sanitizer, lip balm, hair brush, lotion, head band, emery boards (2), styling gel, mouthwash, make-up remover (10), hair spray
- Motherhood Essentials: Organic nipple cream, chlorine-free nursing pads, Mama bottom balm, baby oil for massage during labor, New Mama bottom spray
- Clothing: Organic cotton non-skid socks (2 pairs – choose your size), disposable underwear (3), 100% cotton labor and delivery gown (has snaps up the back that won’t interfere with medical procedures, snaps at the shoulders allow for skin to skin contact and breastfeeding – choose your size)
- Extras: Organic lollipops and ginger candy (great for nausea), note pad (recycled paper), pens (2), chlorine-free facial tissue, Happy Mama aromatherapy spray, wood body massager for labor, jumbo polyester tote bag, My Pure Delivery reference guide (includes hospital checklist, labour log, feeding log, discharge checklist and more), double-sided door hanger for privacy when breastfeeding or resting
The Bare Essentials and Baby hospital Labor kit includes all the necessary toiletries for mothers as well as essential items for your baby. Even if the hospital provides diapers and wipes the baby bag is great to have for when you go home. As with all My Pure Delivery packages the items are chemical-free and some are organic.
The Bare Essentials and Baby Hospital Bag include:
- Toiletries: Organic chlorine-free maxi pads (10), hair ties (2), shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, organic q-tips (30), body wash, organic face wash, organic facial moisturizer, bath sponge
- Extras: Drawstring polyester backpack, My Pure Delivery reference guide (includes hospital checklist, labor log, feeding log, discharge checklist and more), double-sided door hanger for privacy when breastfeeding or resting
- Baby Essentials: Chlorine-free baby wipes (24), chlorine-free diapers (40), baby wash, baby bottom balm (for diaper rash or circumcision ointment), baby oil for massage, polyester drawstring bag with extra room for baby clothing and a baby blanket
If you are interested in one of the other prepacked labour bags but are also interested in the baby items, the prepacked baby hospital bag can be purchased separately.
Featured Image: Expectant Mother, photo courtesy of MorgueFile.